Honigman is a premier business law firm, based in Michigan with an international practice. Recently recognized in Detroit as one of the Best and Brightest Places to Work and a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press, we earned this recognition by recruiting attorneys and staff members with outstanding credentials. Currently, we are seeking a Software Support Analyst in our Detroit office that is as passionate about their work as we are about the law. In addition to Detroit, we have offices in Bloomfield Hills, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Chicago, Illinois. With more than 280 attorneys working in 60 different areas of concentration, Honigman provides timely and cost-effective counsel to clients in numerous industries.
SUMMARY: Provide Level 2 and 3 software support associated with all aspects of operating the firm’s computer systems. Set up, package, test, maintain and troubleshoot application software. Conduct pilot programs for new software packages, providing feedback to management and users on pros and cons of possible new software packages or devices. Coordinate with trainers and help desk during software/device rollouts and/or upgrades. Provide system and user support for multiple network and local applications. This individual will be working in a team environment and will serve as a team leader or project manager regularly. There will be a strong emphasis on prompt response and resolution to application problems because the firm depends on these applications to provide client service. Effective customer service skills and good communication skills are essential to this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Responsible for setting up, testing and maintaining software on both workstations and the network
• Conduct training classes for specialty software packages, work with Help Desk staff to develop appropriate training materials, train the trainers
• Responsible for troubleshooting software application problems
• Assist in researching new software packages, working with users on evaluating and determining feasibility of new software applications
• Installation and preliminary testing of software upgrades, work with users on “beta” testing and pilot programs
• Prepare statistical reports on application utilization
• Work with vendors on troubleshooting problems and determining system requirements and limitations
• For database applications, responsible for designing database queries, reports and forms and assisting users with general database questions including imports, exports and integration with other software applications
• Monitor application software for problem performance
• Prepare documentation for users and IT staff, train and monitor support staff on administrative procedures
• Provide high level support to the help desk and users in a fast and courteous manner
• For certain applications, may receive direction and instructions from other Administrative Department managers
• No direct supervisor responsibility unless assigned to special projects
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Microsoft MCP certification(s). Software packaging experience using Admin Studio and/or Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Experience with installing and maintaining applications both on local pc’s and in a network environment. Experience in setting up and administering databases. Experience with SQL administration and Windows OS Administration.
• Completed degree program in Computer Science or Business Systems or have equivalent related experience and proven ability
We offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package. If you are a top performer and are interested in joining an exemplary team, we want to speak with you!