Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 24 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative, and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support, and development they need to grow, thrive, and realize their greatest potential. If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Global Mobility and Migration Department in our Washington office as a Paralegal.
We are urgently seeking TWO proven business immigration paralegals with the knowledge and talent to support our clients’ PERM filings work. The two new added headcount will join our already established and successful GMM team to work on our PERM filings which has tripled in volume in the last three months.
The right candidate for this position must be seasoned (3-5 years experience ) in high-volume US visa processing, including primarily H-1B and L-1 visa processing, as well as senior executive cases and some employment-based permanent residency. He/she must have experience and a desire to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment, possessing an attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and enjoy providing top quality customer service skills to assist our growing GMM team in managing the mobility needs of our diverse, Fortune 500 client base. Further, the individual should have a curiosity to learn new areas of the law and think creatively, as we seek to provide all team members with a diverse portfolio of immigration and mobility matters.
The new position will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare US employment-based, nonimmigrant and some immigrant visa filings to US Department of Labor, US Citizenship and Immigration Services, US Department of State, and US Customs and Border Protection.
- Compile immigration eligibility documents and analyze individuals’ potential immigration benefits, including H-1B and L-1 visa processing.
- Assist with drafting PERM Labor Certification advertisement text, prevailing wage determinations, recruitment documents, and PERM applications, meticulously tracking timelines of each step.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, based on attorney advice, on immigration benefits, government procedures, and case processing time lines.
- Assist multiple attorneys with meticulously tracking and reporting on visa expiration dates and filing deadlines.
- Assist with coordinating global immigration matters with our network of local counsel across the globe.