Dinsmore & Shohl LLP, a national law firm with over 625 attorneys in 21 offices across the country, currently has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Chief Information Officer (CIO) to join our busy firm. The position is located in our Cincinnati, Ohio office.
The CIO reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for managing and leading the Information Technology function, establishing the firm’s technical vision, leading all aspects of the Firm’s technology development and maintaining the technology infrastructure. The CIO plays an integral role in the Firm’s strategic direction, development and future growth. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise recruitment, training and retention of technology staff in accordance with the Firm’s hiring process, personnel policies and budget requirements.
- Ensure Firm technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develop, track and control the annual technology budget.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practices.
- Establish technology standards and best practices and ensure adherence is maintained across the Firm.
- Work with vendors to review agreements and negotiate contracts for support, licensing, and services
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments and/or practice groups to assess and recommend technologies that support Firm’s needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with Firm partners, Department Leaders, Practice Group Chairs, Technology Committees, and others to understand the Firm's strategic, business, and end-user objectives
Strategy & Planning
- Lead strategic planning to achieve Firm’s business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of technology.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of Firm business.
- Indentify evolving technologies to ensure appropriate security controls are implemented.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the Firm’s competitiveness.
- Develop and promote network security policies and best practices.
- Communicate the Firm’s technology strategy to partners, staff and clients
- Lead in the development/adoption and enforcement of records management policy, including but not limited to retention guidelines and transferring files when an attorney joins or leaves the firm.
- Focus on interfacing technology with Firm processes to ensure efficient use of Firm resources.
Implementation & Deployment
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process for every deployment, including integration and system testing.
- Select and manage Firm staff or outsourced vendors who will play role in implementation/deployment.
- Collaborate with appropriate departments and/or practice groups to ensure successful role out of any new technology/software.