We have an immediate opening in our Milwaukee office for a full time Legal Research Specialist/Librarian.
You will join a supportive, hard-working team of legal professionals who are dedicated to client service excellence. We encourage and promote teamwork among our many employees and this integral component of our workplace creates a rewarding employment experience where everyone adds value to the services we provide.
Responsibilities vary but include:
• Provide in-depth legal and business reference and research services to attorneys and staff.
• Cite check briefs, memorandums, and other documents.
• Create and maintain current awareness alert services.
• Serve as IRC liaison to various practice groups.
• Plan and present research and product training to attorneys and staff.
• Assist with updating the collection.
• Attend professional meetings to monitor developments and stay abreast of best practices. Maintain membership in AALL and LLAW.
Legal Research SpecialistLibrarian
• Three to five years' legal or business library experience with the ability to support a wide variety of practice groups using appropriate online and print resources.
• Some research experience emphasizing issues relating to legal or business issues.
• Working knowledge of a wide variety of print and electronic resources commonly used in a business or law firm setting.
• Excellent written, oral and e-mail communication skills.
• The ability to work comfortably in a virtual team environment, set priorities, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
• Strong technology skills. Demonstrated familiarity and experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy.
Candidates should enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of working in a fast-paced, cooperative, service-oriented environment.
About Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
At Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, we know that every trusted relationship begins with understanding. That is why each of our committed attorneys take the time to listen critically, learn the unique attributes of each client’s business, and work together to build a foundation for success that goes beyond providing legal services. While doing so, we draw upon an exceptionally broad base of experienced attorneys and a deep knowledge of the industries and sectors we serve. This blend of active understanding grounded by informed perspective equips our attorneys to deliver uniquely creative, yet efficient, legal counsel.
By consistently offering our clients cost-effective and innovative legal counsel, we have established ourselves as trusted advisers in many areas of corporate law. Our Client Service Standards, upheld to by all lawyers and staff, affirm our commitment to put the needs of our clients first and to pursue excellence in all that we do.
Reinhart meets the ever-evolving needs of today’s business with innovation, focus and commitment. The firm’s more than 200 attorneys are dedicated to providing accessible, responsive service from our eight offices throughout the country. F...ounded in 1894, Reinhart ranks among the nation’s 200 largest law firms (National Law Journal). We serve as attorneys and business law counselors to public and privately held corporations, financial institutions, family-owned businesses, retirement plans, exempt organizations and individuals. Throughout our history, we have relied on entrepreneurship, teamwork and dedicated service to help our clients achieve their business goals. Our client-driven approach is firmly rooted in creative thinking, intelligent advice and conscientious service, no matter what area of business law our clients require.