• Reviewing new business opportunities for the Company, often on an expedited basis, to determine if a new engagement can be accepted;
• Conducting a timely and accurate analysis of potential conflict concerns and related new business issues (including legal, relationship and reputational risks);
• Applying Company conflict policies and procedures as guiding principles in evaluating, tracking and maintaining records of potential issues with new business opportunities;
• Applying an analytical approach to identify and spot new issues and concerns, and to escalate those matters to the leadership of the Conflicts Management team where appropriate;
• Providing Company professionals with a summary, fact-based report of the conflict review and analysis for each new potential engagement, and following up on any responses to identify and/or facilitate resolution of potentially complex legal and business relationship issues;
• Leveraging internal and external databases, and other resources to conduct research, such as to obtain information on the nature of an entity or individual’s role in a particular matter, and identifying relevant corporate affiliations;
• Ensuring confidentiality and non-disclosure of information involved in the conflicts review process, as appropriate and as directed (breach of confidentiality is grounds for dismissal);
• Liaising and communicating professionally and promptly with client-facing and administrative professionals regarding conflicts analysis and factual information;
• Developing an understanding of the Company’s expert and business consulting services, and the nature and complexity of their work on behalf of clients, in order to best navigate complex business relationships and new business conflict and relationship analysis.
• Working as part of the Conflicts Management group, under the direction of the Manager of Conflicts (the Conflicts Management group reports to Legal); and
• Providing administrative support for the management of the conflicts review process, such as to update databases, ensure integrity of data and records, and assist with special projects for the leaders of the Conflicts Management group.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years of legal, conflicts analysis, analytical research, procurement and contracting, or related experience;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as this role requires frequent discussions with administrative and client-facing professionals to gather and clarify information;
• Ability to work as a team player, learn quickly, and adapt to new policies and procedures in a busy environment with a high volume of new business matters requiring review, often under time pressure;
• Ability to conduct analysis independently, conferring with the Conflicts Management team leadership on complex, difficult or new issues as needed;
• Ability to provide after-hours support on a rotating basis, given that the Conflicts Management process involves 24-7 coverage for the Company’s world-wide business;
• Experience in working with ingenuity and creativity when obstacles are encountered;
• Attention to detail, with strong organizational and analytical skills; and
• Computer proficient
• Extensive familiarity with the legal field and legal terminology;
• Working knowledge of public company SEC filings, corporate family tree information, and other publicly available information that may assist in reviewing client and other party relationships;
• Working knowledge of engagement letters, waiver language, external support guidelines, and terms & conditions of engagement;
• Broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures related to conflicts of interest and the legal field;
• Computer proficient; and
• Prior experience using Salesforce and Elite
Internal Number: 190QP
About FTI Consulting, Inc.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pro...tected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer