Associate General Counsel II - Employment & Labor Law
Location: Laurel, Maryland
Type: Full Time
Salary: $104,945 - $160,204
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: 23-0062
The Associate General Counsel II – Employment & Labor Law is an experienced senior attorney within WSSC Water’s General Counsel’s Office (GCO) and has first chair responsibility for litigation in federal and state courts and various non-litigation matters.
· Prepares and reviews briefs, pleadings, opinions, legal memoranda, agreements and various other legal documents under the supervision of the General Counsel and/or Deputy Counsel
· Represents General Counsel and/or the Commission in federal and state court, before regulatory agencies, and in hearings, conferences and meetings, including mediation and arbitration sessions
· Serves as legal liaison to assigned WSSC Water staff, providing day-to-day legal guidance primarily in employment and labor law; but also assists with contract matters and drafting, land use and real estate, general litigation and government procurement
· Provides legal research, analysis and advice; prepares legal documents relating primarily to employment and labor law, but also, as needed, with respect to contract matters and drafting, land use and real estate, general litigation and government procurement
· Graduation from an accredited law school · 5+ years professional legal experience · 3+ years' experience employment & labor law and regulations
Established in 1918, WSSC Water is currently among the largest water and wastewater utilities in the nation, with a network of nearly 5,865 miles of drinking water pipeline and over 5,615 miles of sewer pipeline. Our service area spans nearly 1,000 square miles in Prince George’s and Montgomery counties in suburban Washington, D.C., and we serve 1.9 million residents through approximately 475,000 customer accounts. WSSC Water drinking water has always met or exceeded federal standards.